Saturday, July 2, 2011

Running in the heat

So, I HATE this heat and humidity but love running so what's a girl to do? Get up early and get er done! Some running friends will love you for this and some will say...see ya in the Fall.  I marvel at people who are out in the full sun, baking in high temps because they would rather sleep in a few hours.
The thought of this would keep me awake with nightmares!
Tomorrow night I am doing a 5K (I hate them) on July 3rd (double hate them in the summer) with my sweet husband, who is more of a walker now than runner.  No chip, no pressure, and most of all...no internet results so nosey running friends can't look up your results. (-;
 I know you can't resist, and it's okay, but I am not racing and just don't want a record of what will be a long, horrible 3.1.  I am a distance runner, not a 5K sprinter but I hope to be both someday. 
It's for a great cause (St Jude Hospital) and the party afterwards will be fun with lots of friends.  I can't believe how hot it will be at 7PM when we start but my goal is just to stay with my husband and pray that he is still a walker and doesn't go Kenyan on me.
Meanwhile, I will just keep slodging through my runs in the heat knowing that I will be kicking the crap out of some half marathons this fall and New York Marathon in November.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment